VISION, MISSION & VALUES
To be a discipleship community where every disciple knows Jesus intimately, loves others authentically and makes disciples intentionally.
To make disciples who increasingly grow in their desire to know Jesus intimately, love others unconditionally, serve the church passionately, and proclaim Christ unapologetically.
The following four Missional Values are foundational to everything we do.
Know Jesus Intimately
Hear & Obey: The greatest desire of a true disciple of Jesus Christ should be to know Him, to hear Him, and to obey Him. (John 8:32; 10:14; 1 Corinthians 2:2; Philippians 3:7-10; Colossians 2:2; 4:2-3)
Build Authentic Community
LifeGroups & living out the “One Another’s”: Inseparable from knowing Christ is growing together in Christ-like maturity through an intentional process of relationship building. We must value working together within a shared vision that unites us in mind, heart and action. (John 15:12-13; Acts 2:42-47; Philippians 2:2; Titus 2:11-15)
Engage in Ministry
Use our gifts & Minister Glocally: As we grow into a more intimate knowledge of Jesus we discover that as members of his family, we have a responsibility to share in the work of building up the body of Christ both locally and globally – glocally. (Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:11-16; 2 Timothy 2:1-2; 1 Peter 4:10-11)
Great Commission & Proclaim Jesus: As we grow to really ‘know Christ’ intimately, we grow a natural desire to ‘Make Him Known’ to the world around us. As we do, we must also value making disciples, planting churches and reaching out to our world with the Gospel of Christ, showing his relevance in every aspect of life. (Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 1:8; Colossians 1:28; 4:3)
The following six Operational Values, reflect LifeBridge’s ministry, and will help focus on what’s important in the life of the church as we live in mission together.
Reliance on God.
We must value our reliance on the sovereign God who loves and desires relationships with us.
“And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul
and with all your might.” – Deuteronomy 6:5
We must value grace-filled relationships because of what Christ has done for us.
“And so, as those we who have been chosen by God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.” – Colossians 3:12-14
We must value reaching out to our world with the Gospel of Christ
and showing its relevance in every aspect of life.
“And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
– Matthew 28:18-20
We must value growing in Christ-like maturity through an intentional process of training.
“For the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.”
– Ephesians 4:12-13
We must value working together within a shared vision that unites us in mind, heart and action.
“Make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.” – Philippians 2:2
We must value responsible management of resources that God has entrusted to us.
“As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” – 1 Peter 4:10
LifeBridge aspires to be a Missional Church, which works to see the renewal and transformation of individuals and our community through gospel-centered ministry.
Belief (orthodoxy) is only the beginning. What really matters is how we live out
our beliefs as a discipleship community.
- We aspire to teach, preach, and embody the gospel of Jesus Christ in everything we do.
- We aspire to engage and welcome the skeptical culture, graciously defending the truth of Christ and relevantly challenging existing cultural misconceptions about Christianity.
- We aspire to cultivate Christ-centered community through Community Groups, gatherings, events, and serving opportunities.
- We aspire to be a church that disciples people well in the areas of Biblical theology and cultural engagement.
- We aspire to be a church that learns to humbly repent often, forgive freely and extend grace continually as we live in community.
- We aspire to be a church of excellence in the area of worship ministry using music, technology, media, music, art and film in ways that challenge, teach and equip people as followers of Jesus to the glory and honour of God.
- We aspire to be a church of excellence in the area of children’s ministry engaging kids and youth in a transformative and life-changing way, leading them to love and serve Jesus in their everyday lives.
- We aspire to be a church which is loving and inviting to all people.
- We aspire to impact the community by serving it in tangible, missional ways.
- We aspire to see people serving God in the areas they are gifted and passionate about.
- We aspire to be a church, which is involved in planting new churches by training, equipping, sending and resourcing church planters.
- We aspire to be a church with a vision for the greater Kingdom of God and so will seek ways to be a blessing to and serve other bible teaching churches in our community.