CONNECTION SERVICE ONLINE
The Connection Service is our Sunday Morning Church Service
Each Sunday at 10:30AM
With the changes we have to make resulting from COVID-19, we are trying to keep our church connected, encouraged, and spiritually growing while we are unable to meet in-person.
SUNDAY, June 28, 2020
Practice for Permanence
Speaker: Cliff Flint
Continue scrolling down past the worship songs
for todays message…
Use the following to help direct your worship time:
NOTE TO FAMILIES WITH KIDS:
– Understand that sometimes you’ll only get through half or a quarter of a quality family worship time. Be patient with it. Even if you only get through some of the worship guide
– Enjoy the moments you get to connect over worship together, try to pick up where you left off if you need to at another time.
– Look to have at least one meaningful discussion with your kids during this time.
– Don’t rush. You’re not a more righteous Christian family if you check off each part of the worship flow.
– Your security is in Christ, so point your kids to him and enjoy watching them learn.
Click on the following link for sermon related activities.
Kids Corner: A Good Name You can find a great story and fun activities.
The following video is from our great friends at Southland church in Steinbach MB…
For helpful advice on the rhythm of leading your family in worship click here
NOTE TO ALL:
– Set aside distractions [phone, screens, put your devices in another room]
– Come ready to worship [set your mind on the joy of worship, explain to your kids that you are going to have time of worship together, hand out appropriate resources to help them worship along with the family]
– Participate together [take turns reading scriptures, leading in prayers, etc]
– Remember to take a photo of yourself and others watching and post it on FB & Instagram using the hashtag: #wearewatchinglifebridge
PRAYER: (have someone pray a prayer – example provided)
Lord Jesus Christ, you call us to follow you as disciples. Help us to respond wholeheartedly without counting the cost. You invite us to proclaim your gospel of hope and salvation here at home and to all nationals and peoples. Teach us to be faithful evangelists in word and in action. Lord Jesus Christ, you have given us every spiritual and material blessing. Show us how to share our gifts with others, and inspire us always to follow your example of generous self-giving. Teach us to give with a joyous and grateful heart that we may provide hope, consolation, and care to your people and thus give glory and honour to your holy name. AMEN
SCRIPTURE: (have someone read the following passage from Philippians)
Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved. 2 I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord. 3 Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life. 4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me – practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. – Philippians 4:1-9
SONGS: (play and sing along with the songs provided)
SERMON: (Listen to the sermon here)
Practice for Permanence
DISCUSSION: (have someone lead a brief discussion time)
– Did this message call for a change in my (our) life? If so, what?
– Did this message encourage me (us) to tell others about Jesus?
– What will I (we) do this week to apply what I (we) learned?
BENEDICTION: (someone read the following Benediction – example provided)
Lord Jesus Christ, send us out with confidence in your word, to tell the world of your saving acts, and bring glory to your name. Amen.
Do you have a question about the message or would like to meet with Pastor Steve? Join us every Tuesday from 10:30am – 11:00am for the Pastor’s Chat via Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/
MESSAGE NEXT WEEK: The Obedience Test
Speaker: Rob Laidlaw
(Please read 1 John 1:1-2:6 in preparation)
SERMON SERIES: July 5 – August 30 2020
Starting on Sunday July 5th and running through until August 30th we will be hosting a nine-week series from the book of 1 John. Steve & Rob will alternate speaking on the various passages making this a Lifebridge and Explore joint summer adventure.
But this is not an ordinary sermon series – we want to use this as an opportunity for you and your family to learn how to get more out of the Bible. We will provide an Introduction to 1 John to help you understand the issues John was addressing and his goal for the letter.
Also, we are providing some Worksheets here that we recommend you print off for every member of your family. Contact us if you do not have a printer and we will get the sheets to you. The goal is to study the passage yourself BEFORE the weekend message focussing on:
1) What you think is the main point of each paragraph?
2) What you think is the overall tension John is addressing in that passage as a whole?
3) What is John’s Solution to that tension?
4) What practical step could you take this week to apply that solution to your life?
We recommend comparing notes with your family. Parents, this is a great opportunity to help you provide spiritual guidance for your children, teaching them how to get more out of their Bibles; be open and spiritually transparent as you share how you work through the Tension, Solution and Application of the passages; and build family unity,
Each Sunday, you will have the opportunity to hear how Steve & Rob have worked through the passage and applied it to their lives.
We will be praying for you as we explore God’s Word together.
Need Prayer? Have a question about last weeks message? Wish to talk about what’s going on in the world? Want to pop in for a quick hello? Come for 5 minutes or the whole 1/2 hour, every Tuesday from 10:30am – 11:00am (ADT) join me, Pastor Steve, for the Pastor’s Chat.
Click on the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83756348938
Join us via Zoom for a time of prayer each Friday for a half hour
beginning at 10:45AM
We’d love to see you!
To join the Zoom Meeting click on the following: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/975538810
How has God been showing up in the world around you?
Send us a short 2-3 minute video (or a written paragraph or two) about how God has been showing up during this COVID19 pandemic.
Send your video or story to info@lifeBridge.ca
Post your prayer request by clicking here
(or you may send an email to info@lifeBridge.ca)
Credit Card: https://www.lifebridge.ca/donate
Cheques: LifeBridge Church, P.O. Box 21013, Dartmouth, NS, B2W 6B2